Students will learn about who lived here, why they lived here and how they impacted our culture, our land and our laws. The beginning of the Industrial Revolution, the debate over slavery, the growth of…
Treasure the Past
Kindergartners through second graders will love learning about the past in our treasure hunt through the French Quarter.
This hour-long field trip will take your students to important historic sites in the French Quarter while introducing them to the colorful characters of our past, the gross things we used to do “in the olden days” and the reasons why we lived here.
Help your students learn to Treasure the Past on this learning tour through time.
- Use and follow maps to identify and locate various landforms and waterways and humans use and modify them.
- Use primary and secondary sources and timelines to understand the past
- Compare and contrast the past and present (culture, lifestyle, technology)
- Discount rates for Title I schools.
- 15 students or more to qualify for group rates
- All school staff free. 1 chaperone per 10 kids free. Any additional chaperone $5.
- Prices and length vary depending on grade level ( 1 – 2 hours )
- Great for school children, youth groups, homeschooling groups
- 25 students limited per group. If more, we split into smaller groups. Whenever possible, we tour all groups simultaneously. If we don’t have another guide/teacher available, we tour the groups consecutively.
- Scavenger Hunts Available for purchase